Sunday, July 13, 2008

My athletic ability (or lack there of) is showing



Ok, so yesterday was a gorgeous day here in Utah, we love to be in the mountains so Troy and I decided to take the kids up the Provo River Trail. The plan was to start at the base of the canyon and make it all the way up to Bridal Veil Falls. B was on her bike, C was in the running stroller, and Troy and I were running. Oh and we had Rocco with us too. Well about halfway up I realized that there was no way that I was going to be able to make it all of the way up plus turn around and get back to the car, which would have been about 13 miles. So I decided to take C. and Rocco and turn around and go back to the car and then go meet Troy and B. at the waterfall, so that is what we did. The sad thing is that first off they beat me there, and second is that my 7 year old made it the whole way. Wow what a depressing example of my athletic ability.

1 comment:

lynsey said...

that is a sad story carn. maybe clogging really wouldn't be for you, i hear those ladies have a lot of stamina. and coordination. two strikes, you're out.

on another note, i find it very interesting that even though in "google images" i look up a drink called "gingerale" and post it on my blog but my SIL has to always turn it into something it's not. which is an alcoholic beverage. way to call yourself out you lush! lay off the bottle, maybe that will help you in your future hikes.